The partial objective of the DKRVO concept in this area is: “Developing knowledge and developing tools and solutions in the field of advanced aircraft structures.”
Material, technological and design solutions of aeronautical structures, broad and detailed know-how in this area are the basic conditions for the reliability and durability of aircraft structure. VZLU has been systematically involved in this area since its foundation and is currently the leading point in Central Europe. In the area of aeronautical structures, the VZLU has set out for the five-year period the following objectives resulting in specific technical and industrial-protected solutions.
- Development of tools and technical solutions for the application of system for Structure Health Monitoring (SHM) based on ultrasound.
- Development of tools and technical solutions for the application of system for Structure Health Monitoring (SHM) based on ERT (Electrical Resistance Tomography)
- Development of tools and technical solutions for repairs, slow damage growth, effective joining and load transfer in composite and hybrid structures.
- Development of tools for computer simulation of service and manufacturing damages in composite and metal structures.
- Development of tools for analysis, optimization and prediction of fatigue damage growth in the design and service of metal structures with damage tolerance.