90-year anniversary of VZLU
11. 4. 2012 - On 1st May 2012 it is ninety years of founding VZLU.
New VZLU´s advertising brochure
6. 4. 2012 - The new advertising brochure presenting VZLU´s cooperation with different industrial branches was released in April 2012.
VZLU coordinates a security research project SCENT
11. 1. 2012 - "Operational estimate of the spread of dangerous gases in the vicinity of an accident or a terrorist attack"
Seminar - CFD analysis
9. 12. 2011 - Efficient CAD to CFD Processes for Faster and More Accurate Analysis
International seminar – Advanced technologies, materials and devices for space application
21. 9. 2009 - Venue: 5-7 October 2010, VZLÚ, Prague, Czech Republic
Remarkable event in VZLU´s history – Palmovka gasholder has become a cultural monument
20. 8. 2008 - History of high-speed windtunnel in Palmovka - Prague.
VZLU is participating in program SWARM
VZLU concluded a contract with EADS Austrium.
Signed up of European Charter for Researchers
On 29. September 2008 representatives of EREA signed up a letter addressed to European Commissioner Janez Potočnik.
Meeting of CESAR project participants
On 30.September and 1.10.2008 was held second meeting of CESAR project participants in Congress Centre in Prague.
Workshop: Flow simulation in aviation and industrial applications (aerodynamics)
On 7 October next workshop about applied aerodynamics took place in VZLÚ.
More capacity in Accredited Test Laboratory
A new box-shape corrosion chamber was put into service.
VZLÚ – Member of ICAS Association
On 17th September 2008 VZLU became an associated member of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, ICAS.
Visit of European Commissioner
On 7th November European Commissioner for research Mr Janez Potočník visited VZLU.
VZLU – Major Centre for Aeronautical Research in the Czech Republic
By working on R&D projects VZLU helps develop the Czech aeronautical industry.
EREA end year event
On Tuesday 9th December 2008, about 80 participants attended the EREA end year event.
Bikers in Wind Tunnel
Cyclists of PSK Whirlpool-Author team and a former top cyclist René Andrle in VZLÚ in windtunnel.
New Managing Director at VZLU
Ing. Josef Kašpar was appointed as the new managing director of VZLÚ from January, 1.
Developing a new all-composite blade
New all-composite blade of revolutionary design intended for a fan drive of the wind tunnel.
Aerospace Research Centre (ARC) arranged workshop at VZLU from 29 to 30 January, 2009.
CESAR Workshop “Aerodynamic Design”
Workshop of international project CESAR about Aerodynamic.