EASN and VZLU workshop in Prague was successful
27. 11. 2012 - Workshop on Flight Physics and Propulsion took place in Barceló hotel Prague between October 31st and November 2nd, 2012.
You can download VZLU software
23. 11. 2012 - Visit our website where you will find software created in VZLU.
Open day in VZLU
22. 11. 2012 - VZLU organized an Open day for emloyees and their families.
ESPOSA Review meeting
19. 11. 2012 - The first ESPOSA review meeting took place in Barceló hotel Prague from 6th to 8th November 2012.
Customer day in VZLU
16. 11. 2012 - VZLU...along with industry.
VZLU became a member of IFAR (International Forum for Aviation Research)
6. 11. 2012 - VZLU signed an agreement on cooperation with International Forum for Aviation Research (IFAR).
ICAS 2012 Conference
19. 10. 2012 - The 28th ICAS Congress took place in Brisbane, Australia, 23-28 September 2012.
New on Wikipedia
18. 10. 2012 - Information about VZLU now available also on Wikipedia.
The 90th Anniversary of VZLU in the National Technical Museum
8. 10. 2012 - The National Technical Museum of Prague hosted the celebration of the 90th anniversary of the VZLU.
Workshop on Flight Physics and Propulsion
2. 10. 2012 - EASN (European Aeronautics Science Network) together with VZLU (Aerospace research and test establishment) is organising its second international workshop on Flight Physics and Propulsion.
VZLU obtained a patent in the field of surface protection based on Zn-PTFE
24. 9. 2012 - VZLU in cooperation with FS CTU and CVP Galvanika developed an entirely new type of composite coating with friction reducing.
Open days in VZLU
17. 9. 2012 - In the months of September and October will be held in VZLU open days for students of selected secondary schools and technical colleges.
New website of international project ESPOSA
29. 6. 2012 - New ESPOSA website has been launched on www.esposa-project.eu
Ceremonial opening of the new test laboratories
10. 5. 2012 - Newly renovated premises intended for VZLU’s Department of Test Laboratories were formally opened on 3 May 2012.
90-year anniversary of VZLU
11. 4. 2012 - On 1st May 2012 it is ninety years of founding VZLU.
New VZLU´s advertising brochure
6. 4. 2012 - The new advertising brochure presenting VZLU´s cooperation with different industrial branches was released in April 2012.
VZLU coordinates a security research project SCENT
11. 1. 2012 - "Operational estimate of the spread of dangerous gases in the vicinity of an accident or a terrorist attack"
Seminar - CFD analysis
9. 12. 2011 - Efficient CAD to CFD Processes for Faster and More Accurate Analysis
International seminar – Advanced technologies, materials and devices for space application
21. 9. 2009 - Venue: 5-7 October 2010, VZLÚ, Prague, Czech Republic
Remarkable event in VZLU´s history – Palmovka gasholder has become a cultural monument
20. 8. 2008 - History of high-speed windtunnel in Palmovka - Prague.
VZLU is participating in program SWARM
VZLU concluded a contract with EADS Austrium.
Signed up of European Charter for Researchers
On 29. September 2008 representatives of EREA signed up a letter addressed to European Commissioner Janez Potočnik.
Meeting of CESAR project participants
On 30.September and 1.10.2008 was held second meeting of CESAR project participants in Congress Centre in Prague.
Workshop: Flow simulation in aviation and industrial applications (aerodynamics)
On 7 October next workshop about applied aerodynamics took place in VZLÚ.
More capacity in Accredited Test Laboratory
A new box-shape corrosion chamber was put into service.
VZLÚ – Member of ICAS Association
On 17th September 2008 VZLU became an associated member of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, ICAS.
Visit of European Commissioner
On 7th November European Commissioner for research Mr Janez Potočník visited VZLU.
VZLU – Major Centre for Aeronautical Research in the Czech Republic
By working on R&D projects VZLU helps develop the Czech aeronautical industry.
EREA end year event
On Tuesday 9th December 2008, about 80 participants attended the EREA end year event.
Bikers in Wind Tunnel
Cyclists of PSK Whirlpool-Author team and a former top cyclist René Andrle in VZLÚ in windtunnel.
New Managing Director at VZLU
Ing. Josef Kašpar was appointed as the new managing director of VZLÚ from January, 1.
Developing a new all-composite blade
New all-composite blade of revolutionary design intended for a fan drive of the wind tunnel.
Aerospace Research Centre (ARC) arranged workshop at VZLU from 29 to 30 January, 2009.
CESAR Workshop “Aerodynamic Design”
Workshop of international project CESAR about Aerodynamic.
Successful tests of TP 100 new prototype turbo prop engine
A new original Czech-made turboprop aeroplane engine designated TP 100 started running at První brněnská strojírna.
A large English-Czech Aviation Dictionary is now available at a very reasonable price
Since March 19, 2009 VZLU has been granting a big discount on its large English-Czech Aviation Dictionary.
New workplace of the Aerospace Research Centre
The Aerospace Research Centre launched ceremoniously its new workplace on March 30, 2009.
Workshop: New findings in the field of material, technology, composite testing and application in the Czech aviation industry
On April 9, 2009, VZLU arranged a workshop about composites.
Functional Design of Aircraft Engines in VZLU with Autodesk Inventor
Modern CAD systems in VZLÚ for research and development works.
VZLU helps the building industry tackle its demanding tasks
The VZLU wind tunnel is used for measuring wind-induced load of structures and wind condition simulation in their surroundings.
Workshop on space standards ECSS
The Czech Space Agency in collaboration with VZLU and ESA (European Space Agency) organized a workshop on ECSS (European Cooperation for Space Standardisation) held on 22 May 2009.
CESAR Training Workshop: Smart Structural Health Monitoring
CESAR Project Training Workshop within the Framework of Task 2.4 - Smart Structural Health Monitoring.
European Heritage Days
Open days at the detached workplace of VZLU
Expert Workshop: Air Flow Modelling in Aeronautics and Industrial Applications
On 22 September 2009, the 9th scientific and technical workshop on the air flow research was held.
Workshop: Call for proposals no. 3 in the priority Sustainable Surface Transport and Aeronautics
On 7 October 2009, a workshop on the call for proposals no. 3 in the priority Sustainable Surface Transport and Aeronautics was held.
Informative seminary - "7th framework programme – Aeronautics"
The seminary was hold on 21. October 2009in VZLÚ.
VZLÚ has expanded its testing capacity in the field of mechanical ruggedness testing
In November, a new device for combined testing of temperature-vibration type was commissioned.
Further cooperation with Škoda Power, a.s. in the area of turbine development
The Aerospace Research and Test Establishment has just completed another order for Škoda Power, a.s successfully.