Czech nanosatelite VZLUSAT-1 celebrated two years on orbit
23. 6. 2019 - On 23.6. the first Czech nanosatellite celebrated two years on orbit, the VZLUSAT-1 still transmits scientific data and some solutions used during the satellite construction are already being prepared for commercial use. The average life expectancy of CubeSats in general is around 1.1 years. Therefore, the VZLUSAT-1 entered to an elite group of approximately 15% of CubeSats, which are able to operate for two years and more.
New fire-resistant composite structures are being developed in VZLU
11. 6. 2019 - VZLU cooperates together with DLR and ALENIA on development of the composite materials within the P7 program “Mitigate risks of fire, smoke and fumes”, new composite materials reduce the possibility of fire occurrence and its spreading and consequent danger caused by the combustion fumes in the interior of aircraft.
Certification tests of L-39NG continue in VZLU.
7. 6. 2019 - VZLU (Czech Aerospace Research Centre) took over from the Aero Vodochody AEROSPACE the second prototype of L-39NG with the designation 7002 for certification tests. The aircraft, which has been transported to Letňany in several subassemblies (front and middle fuselage, rear fuselage with vertical stabilizer, wing, canopy), is subjected to static tests of the airframe. Between the tests also the strength and stiffness test of the mechanical control system of the airplane will take place.
Annual composite seminar in Czech Aerospace Research Centre
1. 5. 2019 - On April 18, 2019, Czech Aerospace Research Centre organized annual scientific seminar reflecting the latest development in the field of composites in aerospace.
VZLU with Excellent AAA rating
21. 3. 2019 - VZLU obtained highest possible stability rating for the year 2019.
Visit of Brazilian aircraft manufacturer EMBRAER
15. 2. 2019 - On February 12 - 14, representatives of EMBRAER visited the Czech Republic. Part of the program was the B2B meeting with VZLU representatives and the visit to VZLU´s R&D facilities in Prgue - Letňany.
REX02 - Astrophysical project in cooperation with CTU and Pennsylvania University was launched
14. 1. 2019 - The VZLU participates in an international astrophysics project financially supported by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MYES) trough the INTER-EXCELLENCE program and ACTION sub-program.
Czech Aerospace Research Centre became a member of the ESRE
18. 12. 2018 - Close cooperation within the European space establishments means a possibility to actively participate on European´s space future.
Revolution in small satellite engines is being prepared in Czechia
21. 11. 2018 - SpaceLab EU and VZLU have entered into a partnership under which they will work together to develop a unique air-breathing ion propulsion engine.
VZLU is involved in booster development for ARIANE 6 launcher
7. 11. 2018 - Czech Aerospace Research Centre (VZLU) and MT Aerospace (MTA) signed an agreement for the development and qualification testing of parts for the new European launcher ARIANE 6.
Czech nanosatellite VZLUSAT-1 celebrates 500 days on the orbit
5. 11. 2018 - On 5th November the Czech nanosatellite VZLUSAT-1 celebrates 500 days on the orbit. During its mission, the satellite has been collecting the data for the earth radiation research and testing performance of the new Czech composite material for space use.
VZLU is involved in the development of the new L-39NG training aircraft
15. 10. 2018 - The festive roll-out of the new L-39NG jet took place on October 12 at Aero Vodochody.
Chinese delegation visit to VZLU
12. 9. 2018 - On 9 September an initial meeting was held between the VZLU management and the Chinese company CASIC about a possible collaboration on research projects.
THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FIRST FLIGHT OF THE AERO L-39 ALBATROS PROTOTYPE
10. 8. 2018 - The 50th anniversary of the first L-39 Albatros prototype take-off will be held which was piloted by VZLU´s chef pilot Rudolf Duchoň.
VZLU Aerodynamics Department was accepted as a member of the SATA
26. 6. 2018 - VZLU Aerodynamics Department was accepted as of the SATA association. SATA (The Subsonic Aerodynamic Testing Association) represents worldwide organizations involved in low-speed aerodynamic tunnel testing.
VZLU enters Horiozn 2020 program with UHURA project
6. 6. 2018 - Jointly with the German aerospace research centre DLR and Airbus, VZLU will be involved in the project of non-stationary flow of high-lift aerodynamic systems.
The Czech aviation industry can become a major driver of the economy
29. 5. 2018 - The domestic aviation industry is celebrating a hundred years this year. Czech achievements in this industry were reminded by participants of the traditional discussion Export Businessinfo.cz mirror. The participants of the discussion looked back at the milestones of aviation history and discussed the current state of Czech aviation and its future direction.
NASA´s rocket experiment linked to X-ray project was successful
25. 4. 2018 - Verification of the the optical system functioning for searching for X-ray objects in space was tested during the suborbital parabolic flight to space. Despite the "dramatic" landing with the rocke hull broken, all experimental data was saved.
VZLU is developing cooperation with the most famous Russian air research center TSAGI
12. 4. 2018 - VZLU managed to obtain a grant for the international project AStRA focused on advanced composite structures for future regional aircraft and solved in cooperation with the Russian company TSAGI (Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute). The project is financially supported within the Inter-Action in Inter-Excellence Program of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
VZLÚ won a grant for their 7th research project in JTI Clean Sky 2
3. 4. 2018 - Under the Fifth Call CfP5, VZLU received funding for the OASIS project, which is focused on connecting aviation structures using friction and laser welding. The project is coordinated by the British Research Center TWI, the world leader in LBW and FSW technology.