The fatigue test confirms the significantly longer lifespan of the Next Generation L-39
25. 3. 2021 - Another phase of the fatigue test of the new L-39NG jet aircraft from the Czech manufacturer Aero Vodochody was successfully completed at the Czech Aerospace Research Centre in Prague (VZLU). The prototype with manufacturing serial number 7003 completed the third life cycle ground test which confirmed that the lifespan of the new aircraft will be significantly longer than of its predecessor L-39 Albatros. The new L-39NG received its international type certification in September 2020.
VZLU has developed a new type of winglet within the ACASIAS European project
10. 3. 2021 - As part of the finishing European ACASIAS project, VZLU experts in cooperation with Evektor, Invent (DE), Cimne (ES), Trackwise (UK), NLR (NL) and IMST (DE) have partake in development of a new type of multifunctional winglet with an integrated VHF antenna.
VZLÚ contributes to the safety of aircraft engines
18. 1. 2021 - Aircraft engines are undoubtedly among the most reliable mechanical devices ever designed. However, even after the many decades of research, there are still phenomena that are not well predictable, one of them is the dynamic responses of turbine engines.
Zero Emission Aviation
24. 11. 2020 - Research initiative pioneers sustainable flight
The General Director of VZLU appointed as a member of the TA CR research board
18. 11. 2020 -
Company name abuse alert
6. 11. 2020 - VZLU and VZLU TEST, a.s. report detected misuse of their identity and the occurrence of fake certificates containing their identification elements.
The L-39NG passed the aerodynamic tests for the Light Attack version
4. 11. 2020 - Shortly after the L-39NG training version certification, an important initial step in the preparation of its armed version has been completed. A series of L-39NG tests took place in the low-speed wind tunnel of the Czech Aerospace Research Centre in Prague (VZLU), this time the tests were focused on the ability of the aircraft to carry various weapon systems.
VZLUSAT-2 nanosatellite on its way to USA
24. 9. 2020 - VZLU Scientists have completed work on the second VZLU nanosatellite and prepared its transport to Netherlands, from where the satellite, together with other European satellites will be transferred to the USA and installed in the dispenser of the Falcon 9 rocket launcher.
VZLU hosted Committee on Defence of the Chamber of Deputies
1. 7. 2020 -
VZLU is finishing its participation on the development of the new generation helicopter RACER
26. 6. 2020 - The goal of the new generation suburban means of transport will be to combine the characteristics of V/STOL together with high cruising speed allowing to provide fast transport in densely populated areas and between them.
VZLUSAT-1 celebrates 3 years on the orbit
23. 6. 2020 -
The L-39NG fatigue test has started. It should confirm triple lifespan
3. 6. 2020 - The fatigue test of the L-39NG jet aircraft, proving the service life of the new airframe in the length of 5,000 flight hours, has started in the Czech Aerospace Research Centre (VZLÚ).
PROPCONEL project enters the final phase
20. 5. 2020 - In the middle of 2020, VZLU is finishing research and development project PROPCONEL (More electric, advanced hydromechanic propeller control components together with Jihostroj a.s. (project coordinator) and the French company SAFRAN Group.
VZLU will launch second nanosatellite into orbit
4. 5. 2020 - After the successful Nanosatellite VZLUSAT-1, the Czech Aerospace Research Centre (VZLU) will launch second satellite into orbit - the VZLUSAT-2 will be equipped with an experimental earth observation camera.
VZLU involved in the production of protective equipment for the healthcare professionals during the COVID crises
15. 4. 2020 - At the time of urgent need for medical protective supplies, VZLÚ joined the activities of Czech industry in production of medical equipment.
UL-39 Albi back in VZLU
26. 3. 2020 - Recently, it was possible to see again in the VZLU´s wind tunnel the UL-39 Albi, an ultra-light all-composite aircraft, slightly reminding the L-39 Albatros.
The L-39NG successfully passed the fuselage strength test
12. 3. 2020 - At the Czech Aerospace Research Centre (VZLU), one of the most important strength tests of the L-39NG (serial number 7002) - the fuselage strength test - has been performed. A successful static test can be considered as an important milestone on the road to full certification of the airplane.
Accreditation of the VZLU Science and Technology Park extended till the end of 2022
6. 2. 2020 - Association of Science and Technology Parks of the Czech Republic (SVTP) extended the VZLU STP accreditation till 31.12.2022.
Aero and VZLU received subvention from the TREND program
31. 1. 2020 - The project Proof of L-39NG airframe with tripled fatigue life, prepared by Aero in cooperation with the Czech Aerospace Research Centre is going to be subvented by the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic through the TREND program. The project has received subvention with the entire amount requested, ie a total of CZK 64,200,000.
VZLU was awarded by the Visionary of the Year 2019 Award for Nanosatellite VZLUSAT-1
9. 12. 2019 - The prize was given for the innovations of Czech companies with significant technological, social and economic benefits. Among the awarded visionaries for 2019, there has been also the Czech Aerospace Research Centre. The awards ceremony took place on Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at the Belvedere Hotel in Prague. The project is sponsored by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic and the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic.