UL-39 Albi back in VZLU
26. 3. 2020 - Recently, it was possible to see again in the VZLU´s wind tunnel the UL-39 Albi, an ultra-light all-composite aircraft, slightly reminding the L-39 Albatros.
The L-39NG successfully passed the fuselage strength test
12. 3. 2020 - At the Czech Aerospace Research Centre (VZLU), one of the most important strength tests of the L-39NG (serial number 7002) - the fuselage strength test - has been performed. A successful static test can be considered as an important milestone on the road to full certification of the airplane.
Accreditation of the VZLU Science and Technology Park extended till the end of 2022
6. 2. 2020 - Association of Science and Technology Parks of the Czech Republic (SVTP) extended the VZLU STP accreditation till 31.12.2022.
Aero and VZLU received subvention from the TREND program
31. 1. 2020 - The project Proof of L-39NG airframe with tripled fatigue life, prepared by Aero in cooperation with the Czech Aerospace Research Centre is going to be subvented by the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic through the TREND program. The project has received subvention with the entire amount requested, ie a total of CZK 64,200,000.
VZLU was awarded by the Visionary of the Year 2019 Award for Nanosatellite VZLUSAT-1
9. 12. 2019 - The prize was given for the innovations of Czech companies with significant technological, social and economic benefits. Among the awarded visionaries for 2019, there has been also the Czech Aerospace Research Centre. The awards ceremony took place on Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at the Belvedere Hotel in Prague. The project is sponsored by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic and the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic.
Czech Space Week: VZLU presented the plans for the first Czech satellite constellation
20. 11. 2019 - During the space industry days held in the planetarium Brno VZLU representatives presented a new Czech space industry integration project - Czech satellite constellation.
Project AFLoNext has been awarded with the ICAS von Kármán Award for International Cooperation in Aeronautics
31. 10. 2019 - The main objective of the AFLoNext project was by means of local application of the active flow control technologies to reduce drag, noise and vibration levels and thereby improving aircraft performance and thus reducing the environmental footprint. The consortium of 40 participants from 15 countries was led by Airbus
VZLU opens new branch in Brno
20. 9. 2019 - Czech Aerospace Research Centre opens new branch in Brno with exclusive focus on space projects.
The ground vibration tests of the L-39NG prototype has been completed
5. 9. 2019 - During this summer, the L-39NG is undergoing certification tests in the Czech Aerospace Research Centre (VZLU). In addition to the strength tests, which we have already informed about, VZLU specialists are also performing ground vibration tests directly at the aircraft´s manufacturer site - in the hangers of Aero Vodochody Aerospace.
Czech nanosatelite VZLUSAT-1 celebrated two years on orbit
23. 6. 2019 - On 23.6. the first Czech nanosatellite celebrated two years on orbit, the VZLUSAT-1 still transmits scientific data and some solutions used during the satellite construction are already being prepared for commercial use. The average life expectancy of CubeSats in general is around 1.1 years. Therefore, the VZLUSAT-1 entered to an elite group of approximately 15% of CubeSats, which are able to operate for two years and more.
New fire-resistant composite structures are being developed in VZLU
11. 6. 2019 - VZLU cooperates together with DLR and ALENIA on development of the composite materials within the P7 program “Mitigate risks of fire, smoke and fumes”, new composite materials reduce the possibility of fire occurrence and its spreading and consequent danger caused by the combustion fumes in the interior of aircraft.
Certification tests of L-39NG continue in VZLU.
7. 6. 2019 - VZLU (Czech Aerospace Research Centre) took over from the Aero Vodochody AEROSPACE the second prototype of L-39NG with the designation 7002 for certification tests. The aircraft, which has been transported to Letňany in several subassemblies (front and middle fuselage, rear fuselage with vertical stabilizer, wing, canopy), is subjected to static tests of the airframe. Between the tests also the strength and stiffness test of the mechanical control system of the airplane will take place.
Annual composite seminar in Czech Aerospace Research Centre
1. 5. 2019 - On April 18, 2019, Czech Aerospace Research Centre organized annual scientific seminar reflecting the latest development in the field of composites in aerospace.
VZLU with Excellent AAA rating
21. 3. 2019 - VZLU obtained highest possible stability rating for the year 2019.
Visit of Brazilian aircraft manufacturer EMBRAER
15. 2. 2019 - On February 12 - 14, representatives of EMBRAER visited the Czech Republic. Part of the program was the B2B meeting with VZLU representatives and the visit to VZLU´s R&D facilities in Prgue - Letňany.
REX02 - Astrophysical project in cooperation with CTU and Pennsylvania University was launched
14. 1. 2019 - The VZLU participates in an international astrophysics project financially supported by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MYES) trough the INTER-EXCELLENCE program and ACTION sub-program.
Czech Aerospace Research Centre became a member of the ESRE
18. 12. 2018 - Close cooperation within the European space establishments means a possibility to actively participate on European´s space future.
Revolution in small satellite engines is being prepared in Czechia
21. 11. 2018 - SpaceLab EU and VZLU have entered into a partnership under which they will work together to develop a unique air-breathing ion propulsion engine.
VZLU is involved in booster development for ARIANE 6 launcher
7. 11. 2018 - Czech Aerospace Research Centre (VZLU) and MT Aerospace (MTA) signed an agreement for the development and qualification testing of parts for the new European launcher ARIANE 6.
Czech nanosatellite VZLUSAT-1 celebrates 500 days on the orbit
5. 11. 2018 - On 5th November the Czech nanosatellite VZLUSAT-1 celebrates 500 days on the orbit. During its mission, the satellite has been collecting the data for the earth radiation research and testing performance of the new Czech composite material for space use.