VZLU enters Horiozn 2020 program with UHURA project
6. 6. 2018 - Jointly with the German aerospace research centre DLR and Airbus, VZLU will be involved in the project of non-stationary flow of high-lift aerodynamic systems.
The Czech aviation industry can become a major driver of the economy
29. 5. 2018 - The domestic aviation industry is celebrating a hundred years this year. Czech achievements in this industry were reminded by participants of the traditional discussion Export Businessinfo.cz mirror. The participants of the discussion looked back at the milestones of aviation history and discussed the current state of Czech aviation and its future direction.
NASA´s rocket experiment linked to X-ray project was successful
25. 4. 2018 - Verification of the the optical system functioning for searching for X-ray objects in space was tested during the suborbital parabolic flight to space. Despite the "dramatic" landing with the rocke hull broken, all experimental data was saved.
VZLU is developing cooperation with the most famous Russian air research center TSAGI
12. 4. 2018 - VZLU managed to obtain a grant for the international project AStRA focused on advanced composite structures for future regional aircraft and solved in cooperation with the Russian company TSAGI (Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute). The project is financially supported within the Inter-Action in Inter-Excellence Program of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
VZLÚ won a grant for their 7th research project in JTI Clean Sky 2
3. 4. 2018 - Under the Fifth Call CfP5, VZLU received funding for the OASIS project, which is focused on connecting aviation structures using friction and laser welding. The project is coordinated by the British Research Center TWI, the world leader in LBW and FSW technology.
VZLU helps the development of a new turboprop engines
22. 3. 2018 - These days, the CTU started research and experimental activities in VZLU using brand-new Catalyst engine of GE Aviation, formerly known as ATP - Advanced Turboprop.
The Chamber of Deputies praised researchers
19. 3. 2018 - The Economic Committee for Innovation in Aeronautics and Space of the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic granted the Honourable Mention to Mr. Ing. Vladimír Dániel, Ph.D. and his team for the successful implementation of the Czech nanosatellite project VZLUSAT-1.
VZLU is developing cooperation with industry through the TRIO program
15. 3. 2018 - The VZLU and its industrial partners, Jihlavan and Latecoere, received funding for two research projects in the third TRIO call from MIT (Ministry of Industry and Trade). The total amount of grant is over 26 million Czech crowns.
Representatives of the Canadian aviation industry visited the VZLU
12. 3. 2018 - In connection with expanding cooperation with Canada, representatives of the Canadian aviation industry visited selected manufacturers of the Czech aviation industry and the VZLU - Czech Aerospace Research Centre in Prague in recent days.
Foreign journalists at VZLU
6. 3. 2018 - Five journalists of the global aviation journals visited VZLU on 6th March. The journalists were interested in the Czech aerospace industry, especially the support of the domestic aviation industry with respect to research and development activities and innovations.
New chairman of EREA association
18. 1. 2018 - Mr. Catalin Nae (President and CEO of INCAS) was elected new chairman of EREA (Association of European Research Establishments in Aeronautics) for 2018-2019
21. 12. 2017 - Thank you for your cooperation in 2017. VZLU wishes you a happy and successful New Year 2018!
Research of axial turbine stages with Doosan Škoda Power
5. 12. 2017 - Work on the three-year project "VÍCESTUPEŇ" focused on flow research in the multi-stage axial turbine arrangement has been successfully completed.
A new telescope for exploring X-ray objects in space
1. 12. 2017 - Part of the X-ray project, focusing on the development of a new X-ray telescope for space applications, has been successfully completed. Space missions continue.
EREA Annual Event 2017 and EREA Awards
30. 11. 2017 - On 29 November, a regular EREA Annual Event was held in Brussels with a ceremony for the EREA Best Scientific Publication Awards.
VZLU has been awarded a new Czech patent
10. 11. 2017 - VZLU has been awarded a new Czech patent for a for a non-invasive monitoring system of the dielectric matrix flow during the RTM process.
VZLU is involved in the project „Cesta pro mladé“
17. 10. 2017 - From 2017 VZLU is involved in the project "Cesta pro mladé".
Press conference VZLUSAT-1 100 days in space
6. 10. 2017 - On October 6, 2017 a press conference was held to present the flight phase of the Czech technology nanosatellite VZLUSAT-1.
New brochure introduced JTI Clean Sky 2 programme
19. 9. 2017 - "Clean Sky working together with the Member States and Regions"
Czech VZLUSAT-1 reports from the orbit
18. 7. 2017 - The nanosatellite circulates on a polar track at an altitude of 505 km with an orbital velocity of 7610 m / s.