THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FIRST FLIGHT OF THE AERO L-39 ALBATROS PROTOTYPE
10. 8. 2018 - The 50th anniversary of the first L-39 Albatros prototype take-off will be held which was piloted by VZLU´s chef pilot Rudolf Duchoň.
VZLU Aerodynamics Department was accepted as a member of the SATA
26. 6. 2018 - VZLU Aerodynamics Department was accepted as of the SATA association. SATA (The Subsonic Aerodynamic Testing Association) represents worldwide organizations involved in low-speed aerodynamic tunnel testing.
VZLU enters Horiozn 2020 program with UHURA project
6. 6. 2018 - Jointly with the German aerospace research centre DLR and Airbus, VZLU will be involved in the project of non-stationary flow of high-lift aerodynamic systems.
The Czech aviation industry can become a major driver of the economy
29. 5. 2018 - The domestic aviation industry is celebrating a hundred years this year. Czech achievements in this industry were reminded by participants of the traditional discussion Export Businessinfo.cz mirror. The participants of the discussion looked back at the milestones of aviation history and discussed the current state of Czech aviation and its future direction.
NASA´s rocket experiment linked to X-ray project was successful
25. 4. 2018 - Verification of the the optical system functioning for searching for X-ray objects in space was tested during the suborbital parabolic flight to space. Despite the "dramatic" landing with the rocke hull broken, all experimental data was saved.
VZLU is developing cooperation with the most famous Russian air research center TSAGI
12. 4. 2018 - VZLU managed to obtain a grant for the international project AStRA focused on advanced composite structures for future regional aircraft and solved in cooperation with the Russian company TSAGI (Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute). The project is financially supported within the Inter-Action in Inter-Excellence Program of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
VZLÚ won a grant for their 7th research project in JTI Clean Sky 2
3. 4. 2018 - Under the Fifth Call CfP5, VZLU received funding for the OASIS project, which is focused on connecting aviation structures using friction and laser welding. The project is coordinated by the British Research Center TWI, the world leader in LBW and FSW technology.
VZLU helps the development of a new turboprop engines
22. 3. 2018 - These days, the CTU started research and experimental activities in VZLU using brand-new Catalyst engine of GE Aviation, formerly known as ATP - Advanced Turboprop.