UL-39 Albi back in VZLU
26. 3. 2020 - Recently, it was possible to see again in the VZLU´s wind tunnel the UL-39 Albi, an ultra-light all-composite aircraft, slightly reminding the L-39 Albatros.
The L-39NG successfully passed the fuselage strength test
12. 3. 2020 - At the Czech Aerospace Research Centre (VZLU), one of the most important strength tests of the L-39NG (serial number 7002) - the fuselage strength test - has been performed. A successful static test can be considered as an important milestone on the road to full certification of the airplane.
Accreditation of the VZLU Science and Technology Park extended till the end of 2022
6. 2. 2020 - Association of Science and Technology Parks of the Czech Republic (SVTP) extended the VZLU STP accreditation till 31.12.2022.
Aero and VZLU received subvention from the TREND program
31. 1. 2020 - The project Proof of L-39NG airframe with tripled fatigue life, prepared by Aero in cooperation with the Czech Aerospace Research Centre is going to be subvented by the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic through the TREND program. The project has received subvention with the entire amount requested, ie a total of CZK 64,200,000.
VZLU was awarded by the Visionary of the Year 2019 Award for Nanosatellite VZLUSAT-1
9. 12. 2019 - The prize was given for the innovations of Czech companies with significant technological, social and economic benefits. Among the awarded visionaries for 2019, there has been also the Czech Aerospace Research Centre. The awards ceremony took place on Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at the Belvedere Hotel in Prague. The project is sponsored by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic and the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic.
Czech Space Week: VZLU presented the plans for the first Czech satellite constellation
20. 11. 2019 - During the space industry days held in the planetarium Brno VZLU representatives presented a new Czech space industry integration project - Czech satellite constellation.
Project AFLoNext has been awarded with the ICAS von Kármán Award for International Cooperation in Aeronautics
31. 10. 2019 - The main objective of the AFLoNext project was by means of local application of the active flow control technologies to reduce drag, noise and vibration levels and thereby improving aircraft performance and thus reducing the environmental footprint. The consortium of 40 participants from 15 countries was led by Airbus
VZLU opens new branch in Brno
20. 9. 2019 - Czech Aerospace Research Centre opens new branch in Brno with exclusive focus on space projects.