Czech nanosatelite VZLUSAT-1 celebrated two years on orbit
23. 6. 2019 - On 23.6. the first Czech nanosatellite celebrated two years on orbit, the VZLUSAT-1 still transmits scientific data and some solutions used during the satellite construction are already being prepared for commercial use. The average life expectancy of CubeSats in general is around 1.1 years. Therefore, the VZLUSAT-1 entered to an elite group of approximately 15% of CubeSats, which are able to operate for two years and more.
New fire-resistant composite structures are being developed in VZLU
11. 6. 2019 - VZLU cooperates together with DLR and ALENIA on development of the composite materials within the P7 program “Mitigate risks of fire, smoke and fumes”, new composite materials reduce the possibility of fire occurrence and its spreading and consequent danger caused by the combustion fumes in the interior of aircraft.
Certification tests of L-39NG continue in VZLU.
7. 6. 2019 - VZLU (Czech Aerospace Research Centre) took over from the Aero Vodochody AEROSPACE the second prototype of L-39NG with the designation 7002 for certification tests. The aircraft, which has been transported to Letňany in several subassemblies (front and middle fuselage, rear fuselage with vertical stabilizer, wing, canopy), is subjected to static tests of the airframe. Between the tests also the strength and stiffness test of the mechanical control system of the airplane will take place.
Annual composite seminar in Czech Aerospace Research Centre
1. 5. 2019 - On April 18, 2019, Czech Aerospace Research Centre organized annual scientific seminar reflecting the latest development in the field of composites in aerospace.
VZLU with Excellent AAA rating
21. 3. 2019 - VZLU obtained highest possible stability rating for the year 2019.
Visit of Brazilian aircraft manufacturer EMBRAER
15. 2. 2019 - On February 12 - 14, representatives of EMBRAER visited the Czech Republic. Part of the program was the B2B meeting with VZLU representatives and the visit to VZLU´s R&D facilities in Prgue - Letňany.
REX02 - Astrophysical project in cooperation with CTU and Pennsylvania University was launched
14. 1. 2019 - The VZLU participates in an international astrophysics project financially supported by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MYES) trough the INTER-EXCELLENCE program and ACTION sub-program.
Czech Aerospace Research Centre became a member of the ESRE
18. 12. 2018 - Close cooperation within the European space establishments means a possibility to actively participate on European´s space future.